with Scholastic Valor
Because any advances in our understanding of injustice, inequity, coercion, conflict, immorality and abuse of power will make humanity more humane.
CONFLICT & CONSENT
- When is conflict real and when is it merely perceived?
- Can conflict be beneficial?
- When and how should we reach agreements?
ETHICS & INEQUITY
- Why should we do the good and how can we avoid the bad?
- When should we strive for equality, equity, or other means of distribution?
ABUSE OF POWER & CORRUPTION
- What forms does corruption take and how can it be controlled?
- Is power good or bad and for whom?
- How can we leverage power while controlling its abuses?
- Knowledge: always learning and updating.
- Holism: interdisciplinary exploration encouraged.
- Robustness: sound philosophical, mathematical, and theoretical foundations.
- Originality: all course content and material is entirely original.
- Creativity: creation of novel and specialized courses particularly welcome.